‘Sheilah Cummins is thorough whilst taking into consideration what client is trying to achieve. The team overall is super supportive, professional and goes above and beyond our expectations.’ Legal 500 [UK 2024]
Sheilah qualified as a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, in 2011. She has a 1st Class BA Honours degree in religious studies from the University of Wales, College of Cardiff and, prior to joining Prettys in 2016, worked for a large commercial firm with offices in Cambridge, London and Singapore. Sheilah specialises in Employment Law, working for employee and employer clients across a variety of industries but has a particular interest in the ecclesiastical sector. She advises on a range of contentious and non-contentious employment matters and is also experienced at preparing and delivering training and seminars for clients on a range of employment issues. In October 2017, Sheilah was promoted to Associate and then to Senior Associate in October 2021.
In her spare time, Sheilah plays tennis (badly!) and pursues her love of dance with ballet lessons. She enjoys running, having completed two half marathons and is an “improving”, albeit reluctant, skier!
- Preparing detailed advice for an aviation client in relation to their compliance with the National Minimum Wage
- Acting for ecclesiastical organisations in relation to performance and redundancy-related exits
- Reviewing and updating Staff Handbooks and contract for technology and R&D clients.
- Providing detailed guidance to property development clients in relation to IR35 and the changes to off payroll working in the private sector.
- Assisting International client with executive and senior management redundancies at their UK office.
- Advising a leisure and retail sector client in relation to TUPE.
- Delivering investigations, performance-management and equal opportunities training and workshops
- Human Resources and Employee Relations
- Tribunal claims
- Settlement agreements and exit negotiations
- Redundancy and business reorganisations
- Contracts, service agreements and consultancy arrangements
- Pension auto-enrolment
- Employee benefits and incentive schemes
- Corporate support