‘Peter Blake and Michael Booth are an excellent team, with complimentary skills. Strong legal and client understanding combined with a keen work ethic.’ Legal 500 [UK 2024]
Michael joined Prettys as a trainee solicitor in 2015, qualifying as a solicitor in 2017 and later became an Associate in 2021. Michael has now become a Senior Associate. He has a wide-ranging dispute resolution practice, with cases ranging from small claims to multi-million-pound claims and appeals. Michael also coordinates the provision of free (pro bono) legal advice by the firm, working closely with Suffolk Law Centre and Suffolk ProHelp. Michael studied at University College, Durham University, where he completed an undergraduate degree in Law, and at the University of Law, where he was awarded a Master of Laws in International Legal Practice.
Michael has been involved in the theatre since a very young age, initially as a performer but more recently in relation to the technical and stage management aspects of a production. Michael has most recently been the deputy stage manager for The Addams Family and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels at the New Wolsey Theatre and My Fair Lady at the Ipswich Regent.
- Representing claimants and defendants in personal and commercial disputes
- Acting for employers, contractors and sub-contractors in construction disputes
- Advising landlords and tenants on disputes, including disrepair and eviction
- Advising on the ownership of a substantial amount of cryptocurrency (including Bitcoin)
- Advising on intellectual property issues arising from a proposed social media campaign and the design of goods
- Acting for clients in disputes arising from the international transport of goods
- Working with administrators and executors in relation to disputes arising from the administration of estates
- Commercial disputes
- Property disputes
- Intellectual property
- Shipping and transport/logistics
- Probate disputes
- Debt recovery