Louise is a Senior Associate in Prettys Personal Injury and Insurance Services team based in Ipswich.
Having trained at Prettys, she qualified in 2003 and has since specialised in personal injury litigation, working at Prettys and then two other large corporate firms before returning to Prettys in April 2017.
Louise handles a wide range of personal injury matters including claims as a result of road traffic accidents, public liability, occupiers' liability, employer's liability and she deals with some disease / occupational health cases, in particular claims relating to stress at work, and claims involving sexual assault / harassment.
In addition, Louise is an experienced litigator, and also advises in respect of some non personal injury claims, including for example claims involving damage and trespass to property.
Louise acts on behalf of both Claimants and Defendants, bringing and defending personal injury claims, as well as advising clients in respect of various personal injury / health and safety matters including accident investigations, health and safety procedures and practices.
Acting on behalf of both individual clients and companies on both sides of the personal injury claims process enables the team at Prettys to put forward the best case possible on behalf of their clients with the knowledge of what all the options, issues and factors may be in that particular circumstance.
Louise has dealt with a number of complex and often high value cases including Animals Act matters, road traffic accidents, Occupiers Liability claims pursuant to both the 1957 and 1984 Acts, claims involving multi-party and contractual / sub-contractor issues, as well as claims involving Highways Authorities and Utilities providers working on the highways and on private property.
Louise is a member of APIL and is also a legal adviser in respect of personal injury matters for a local Suffolk based charity.
- Representing a client who sustained a serious brain injury as a result of an accident at work involving a lorry and container whose load shifted
- Representing a client who sustained extensive internal and orthopaedic injuries as a result of a high speed head on collision involving a van and lorry
- Representing a client who had sustained serious life changing injuries as a result of a dog attack
- Advising numerous clients in respect of their claims for sexual assault and / or harassment in the workplace both in terms of CICA and civil personal injury claims and successfully pursuing these claims accordingly for those clients
- Assisting and advising an international company in the investigation of a serious road traffic accident involving one of their employees being hit by a bus, and advising them in respect of their Health & Safety practices and procedures, as well as their Insurance coverage
- Acting on behalf of a utility company in the successful defence of numerous claims involving personal injury accidents related to their street furniture, equipment, works and property
- Acting on behalf of numerous individuals in the successful defence of many Animals Act cases involving dog bites and incidents as a result of falls from horses. Notably, Louise successfully defended the case of Turnbull v Warrener  EWCA 412 in the Court of Appeal which involved complex arguments relating to the interpretation of the Animals Act 1971