Georgina is considered a Leading Individual for family law in East Anglia by Legal 500, and has repeatedly been named a Star Associate in Chambers & Partners.
‘Georgina Rayment “is a superb lawyer, very good at early appraisals of cases; she gives extremely good advice, fights her corner well and is respected and liked in the local courts.”’ - Legal 500
‘Georgina Rayment is praised by clients who note: “she is brilliant; once she gets something in her mind that she wants to achieve, she goes out and achieves it.” Another interviewee adds: “She is highly experienced and does a fantastic job.”’ - Chambers & Partners
Georgina’s route into law best illustrates Prettys’ support of and commitment to all routes to legal qualification. Georgina joined Prettys’ Family team as a secretary in 1999; qualified as a legal executive in 2003; and as a solicitor in 2006. She became Partner and Head of Family in April 2019.
Georgina advises clients on all issues arising from family matters to include divorce, financial resolution, children disputes, cohabitation agreements, injunctive work, marital agreements and financial resolution following overseas divorce.
Georgina is also a mediator and member of Resolution. She is committed to resolving family matters outside court wherever possible, but is also an experienced litigator for those cases that cannot avoid court.
- Resolving consensually a divorce involving significant spousal maintenance arrears and a warrant for committal
- Resolving round table a protracted matrimonial dispute involving several properties in England and abroad
- Successfully concluding complex children litigation in a number of cases involving allegations of rape, sexual assault, mental health issues and allegations of parental alienation
- Managing urgent children work on behalf of a number of grandparents who have intervened to protect the safety and wellbeing of their grandchildren
- Conducting litigation following a lottery win, to include successfully concluding an appeal
- Representing an international footballer in fast-moving legal proceedings, including a worldwide injunction freezing assets
- Managing cross-jurisdictional proceedings following unauthorised dissipation of family monies in divorces
- Georgina is respected and well known for her work involving finances and children
- Georgina is highly-experienced in financial cases and has managed asset bases from modest to multi-millions, with each getting the same attention to detail
- Georgina has a particular interest and expertise in complex children cases involving significant sexual and physical abuse, alienation, and mental and physical health difficulties
- Georgina also increasingly acts for grandparents, either independently or as interveners, in family disputes