Georgie is annually named as a Leading Individual for family law in East Anglia by Legal 500.
Georgie Hall is “creative, empathetic and good to deal with”– Chambers
The Family Law Department provides “an excellent service to its clients led by the impressive Georgie Hall”– Legal 500
Georgie has headed the Family Law department from 2003 to 2019. She is now Head of the Private Client department which encompasses the Family, Estates, Wills and Trusts, Residential Conveyancing and Personal Injury teams.
Georgie’s entire case load comes by way of recommendation, either from her own clients or other professionals. Whilst Georgie covers all areas of relationship breakdown whether it be finances, children, pre or post-marriage clarification as to asset division, her hallmark is seen as the quality of client care she provides.
Georgie specialises in dispute resolution alternate to court, working as a mediator and collaborative solicitor. The bulk of her case load deals with resolution through negotiation and round table work. Georgie operates a litigation case load but only in the very few cases where this is a necessary way of dealing with the needs of the case. Georgie applies a strict cost-benefit analysis on her cases so that clients are genuinely in a position to value the outcome achieved by the end of the matter.
- Resolving consensually a divorce involving significant spousal maintenance arrears and a warrant for committal
- Resolving round table a protracted matrimonial dispute involving several properties in England and abroad
- Successfully concluding complex children litigation in a number of cases involving allegations of rape, sexual assault, mental health issues and allegations of parental alienation
- Managing urgent children work on behalf of a number of grandparents who have intervened to protect the safety and wellbeing of their grandchildren
- Conducting litigation following a lottery win, to include successfully concluding an appeal
- Representing an international footballer in fast-moving legal proceedings, including a worldwide injunction freezing assets
- Managing cross-jurisdictional proceedings following unauthorised dissipation of family monies in divorces
- Georgie’s reputation is based on her ability to use discursive practice to resolve cases with a cooperative approach wherever possible, allowing the parties the benefit of constructive outcome
- Georgie is known for distinguishing between those cases that need litigation and those cases that really do not, being committed to outcomes based on the realistic difference between the two
- She is particularly known for her creative approach and for working with clients where options appear limited and financial or emotional need/conflict is high