Emma is a Partner and heads up our Wills, Trusts and Estates team. Emma joined Prettys in April 2019 having worked locally in Suffolk specialising in Estates and Property law.
Emma likes to take a holistic approach to advising her clients looking at their circumstances to see what bespoke advice they may require in respect of Wills, Trusts and tax planning, powers of attorney through to care home fee planning.
Emma acts as a professional Attorney and Court of Protection Deputy for a number of clients and particularly enjoys this complex area of law.
Outside of work, Emma is a Trustee for Suffolk Age UK and is Chair of the Board of Directors for Ipswich Gymnastics, Pipers Vale. Emma is a mother to two very tall teenage boys and when not trying to encourage them to join her on long walks, spends time ferrying them around the Suffolk countryside.
- Succession planning to include Wills, tax planning, land transfers and trust creation for a farming family with farmland and other agricultural assets
- Acting as a Trustee for a number of large Trust funds
- Appointment as a Court of Protection Deputy for a child following a significant clinical negligence award
- Administration of an Estate which was subject to inheritance tax which included both business and overseas assets
- Administration of Estates and Trusts
- Wills and tax planning
- Trust creation
- Court of Protection Deputyship
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Care Home fee advice and planning