Our partners, Peter Blake (Construction) and Graham Mead (Commercial Dispute Resolution), look at the impact of the recent Supreme Court decision in Bresco Electrical Services Ltd v Michael J Lonsdale  UKSC 25 (17 June 2020).
The case appears to have confirmed that an insolvent company can adjudicate and resolved the apparent conflict between adjudication and insolvency law in this area.
This seminar looks at:
- The true impact of the decision in Bresco for adjudication and insolvency;
- Practical consequences for liquidators / insolvent companies;
- Practical consequences for those faced with a claim by or an adverse adjudication decision in favour of an insolvent company;
- Funding court enforcement;
- How the case fits into recent case law;
- The Corporate Governance & Insolvency Act 2020 aspects.