Legal support for all those involved in sport
Whether you are a professional sportsperson, club, agent, association or business, it is important that, when it comes to legal matters, you have a trusted professional in your corner.
From handling commercial sporting contracts relating to image rights and kit sponsorship, to advising on football transfers, Prettys offers a wide-ranging service that means clients can rest assured that their legal matters are in the safest possible hands.
What Can We Do For You?
Our lawyers provide practical and effective legal support in dealing with sports-related issues. Our services include:
- Advising on commercial contracts, including image rights and kit sponsorship
- Advising on football transfers
- Advising on family related matters, including cohabitation agreements, pre/post-nuptial agreements, divorce, financial issues and child related matters
- Acting as a sports agent/intermediary
- Advising on Wills, Trusts and estates
- Advising on personal injury and insurance issues
- Advising on and resolving commercial disputes
- Offering representation at tribunals and sporting hearings
- Registering and protecting intellectual property rights
- Advising on corporate and employment law matters
To speak to our sports lawyers for advice on any legal matter you’re facing, contact us today to find out how we can help.
Why Choose Prettys?
Our solicitors are passionate about sport and take a client focused, common sense approach when giving advice. The closeness with which our teams work combined with the robust internal confidentiality procedures we have in place, means we are able to act fast and in absolute confidence in respect of any urgent requirements that may arise.
Where matters require additional professional input from accountants, tax experts, business advisors, insurance brokers, financial advisors, sports science support, charities or child and family counsellors, Prettys can also help. Through our extensive domestic and international network of leading professionals in a variety of industries, we can put you in contact with the right professional to suit your needs. With your interests protected at all times, we work to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Our Track Record
Our team has a proven track record of delivering fantastic results in the sports industry including:
- Advising on a number of sports related contracts, including player transfers, transfer fees, ground and kit sponsorship and image rights contracts
- Acting for sports professionals in sensitive and high value divorce proceedings
- Providing estate planning advice to professional footballers and cricketers
- Advising an Olympian in relation to a contract dispute with a sports manufacturer
- Acting as a sports agent to a former British number 1 and Olympic tennis coach
- Acting for high-profile thoroughbred breeding operations and horse-racing teams on matters, including the acquisition of bloodstock and associated rights, employment contracts, dispute resolution and real estate
- Sitting as an Independent Disciplinary Panel Member on County Football Association disciplinary commissions which adjudicate on misconduct charges
- Advising clients in respect of sports related personal injury matters from both a claimant and defendant / insurance perspective
- Supporting the sale of a football ground
- Offering advice to a sporting association on company law matters
For more information on Prettys’ sports law services, contact us on 01473 232121, complete our contact form or send us an email via email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact Dan Billson, Head of Sport at Prettys on 01473 298296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.