Paul completed his undergraduate law degree at the University of Essex in 2004 followed by the Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, Moorgate.
He then spent 4 years working for a prestigious “Magic Circle” law firm conducting high profile patent litigation for some of the world’s leading telecoms and pharmaceuticals companies.
Paul then qualified at a leading global law firm, qualifying as a solicitor in 2014, before spending the last 6 years at a top 100 law firm in the region.
Paul primarily focuses on work for residential developer clients. As a successful developer in his own right Paul is uniquely placed to understand the commercial and practical considerations of those undertaking any form of development. This allows him to advise and assist clients from a unique perspective, drawing on inputs from a wide range of professional fields, anticipating issues before they arise in order to come up with pro-active and creative solutions.
Whilst Paul’s mains interest is residential development, he also has experience in commercial developments, landlord and tenant matters, site acquisition, auction sales and property finance.
Paul prides himself on giving clear, prompt, pragmatic commercial advice.
Paul lives in Ipswich in a house he built himself - he has a keen interest in construction and engineering. In his free time which is not taken up by a young family, he enjoys playing football, golf (badly), fast cars and good food (both the cooking and eating part).
- Acting for landowners in relation to conditional contracts and option agreements for disposal of sites for residential development
- Acting for developers in relation to acquisitions of prime London residential sites
- Sale of substantial warehousing premises subject to occupational tenancies
- Acting for major retail banks and borrowers in relation to multi-million-pound acquisitions of retail, industrial and office premises
- Acquisition of a major portfolio of commercial properties for a real estate investment trust
- Residential development and for both landowners and developers
- Landlord and Tenant (including full leasehold portfolio management)
- Commercial property acquisition and disposal
- Auction sales and purchases
- Secured lending