Neil qualified as a solicitor in 1994 . After qualifying, he specialised in residential conveyancing and became a partner in a well known firm based in the East London and West Essex area. Having continued to work in residential conveyancing throughout his career, Neil has gained many years of experience covering all aspects of residential conveyancing work. Prior to joining Prettys in 2017, he managed a branch office of technology-based conveyancing firm.
Neil enjoys photography and running with his dogs at or near the Suffolk coast.
- Acting on a newly converted leasehold development that had previously been used as office space
- Acting on a purchase of existing rural freehold residential property
- Acting on purchase of newly built freehold and leasehold properties
- Acting on purchase of “amenity land” subject to overage provisions
- Acting on purchase of established dwelling with part ‘flying freehold’ title
- Acting on purchase of unregistered land
- Acting for clients obtaining ‘bridging’ finance to complete property conversion
- Acting for clients purchasing property with the assistance of Help to Buy Equity Loan Scheme.
Neil’s main areas of expertise include:
- Residential conveyancing
- Residential lease extensions
- Freehold sales and purchases
- Leasehold sales and purchases
- Dealing with sales and purchases of unregistered land
- Purchases of part
- Purchases of new-build properties
- Purchases including areas of “flying freehold”
- Deeds of Variation of Leases