Are you a diligent Compliance or Records Assistant with a passion for following process and ensuring day-to-day compliance tasks are completed? We have an exciting opportunity to support the Internal Compliance Manager to monitor and improve the completion of compliance tasks across all departments at our expanding law firm.
In this permanent, full time position you will also be the main point of contact for the Firm in respect of records management. So we are looking for someone who can take responsibility for the accurate tracking and storage of the Firm’s client files and information.
- Provide day to day support the Internal Compliance Manager to ensure all fee earners across the Firm complete compliance tasks within the identified time periods, including monitoring and reporting on the same.
- Day to day management of time recording by fee earners.
- Working with the Internal Compliance Manager and Finance Team to provide timely reports as needed.
- Updating the case management system records dashboard once file opening is complete and updating the able to act when appropriate ID has been obtained.
- Review unassigned time across all departments and work with fee earners to reduce the amount of unassigned time remaining unallocated.
- Ensure files are identified for closure in a timely manner working with admin support to ensure closures are progressed.
- Overseeing the Records function of the business to include housekeeping, file opening, file closing, file destruction, returns, deeds and document storage.
- To act as the Firm’s central point of organisation for documents to and from Restore.
- Assist the Internal Compliance Manager with improving procedures where agreed and deemed necessary.
- Work flexibly as required.
What do you get in return?
- A competitive, negotiable salary, upwards of £20,000 depending on experience.
- Company benefits including hybrid working, a modern office environment, Medical Cashback Plan, pension, death in service payment, involvement in CSR activities (e.g. Legal Walk, Dragon Boat Race), social activities throughout the year (e.g. wine tasting, bowling, quizzes), length of service awards and legal support vouchers.